Soon afterward, Jesus traveled through the cities and villages, preaching and proclaiming the good news of God’s kingdom. The Twelve were with him, along with some women who had been healed of evil spirits and sicknesses. Among them were Mary Magdalene (from whom seven demons had been thrown out), Joanna (the wife of Herod’s servant Chuza), Susanna, and many others who provided for them out of their resources.” Luke 8:1-3 CEB
Jesus’ teaching: Matthew 7.1-6
““Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged. You’ll receive the same judgment you give. Whatever you deal out will be dealt out to you. Why do you see the splinter that’s in your brother’s or sister’s eye, but don’t notice the log in your own eye? How can you say to your brother or sister, ‘Let me take the splinter out of your eye,’ when there’s a log in your eye? You deceive yourself! First take the log out of your eye, and then you’ll see clearly to take the splinter out of your brother’s or sister’s eye. Don’t give holy things to dogs, and don’t throw your pearls in front of pigs. They will stomp on the pearls, then turn around and attack you.” Matthew 7:1-6 CEB
- What lesson was Jesus teaching his students?
- What is God teaching me in this lesson?
- When have I fallen short in doing what Jesus taught?
- When have I done well at following this lesson?
- What needs to change in me now that I know what Jesus wants?
- Who will I ask to pray with me and for me as we follow a Jesus’ teaching?