Kay Owens Memorial Scholarship
Deadline to Apply is May 1
Scholarship Amount and Disbursement
One $2,000 award or up to three awards which may be divided between co-recipients. Award will be paid directly to institution of higher education in which recipient is enrolled. If recipient is unable to utilize award in year selected, award reverts to scholarship fund.
Duration of Award
Award is for one (1) year period only.
1. Award given to male or female candidate.
2. Candidate must be a member of Thalia United Methodist Church.
3. Candidate must reside in local area during their senior year.
4. Candidate must be graduating from an area high school or accredited homeschool program.
5. Candidate must plan to further education at a college or vocational school issuing a degree or certification.
Factors Considered in Making Selection
1. Attendance at Thalia United Methodist Church worship services, Sunday School, youth activities, and music/drama ministries
2. Leadership shown in any of these areas
High School and Civic accomplishments and financial need are not factors considered for this award.
How to Apply
Complete the online form below or print an application (Download Here) and return to the Ashley Kline, Thalia UMC Youth Director. Applications must be submitted no later than May 1.
The application deadline for 2019 - 2020 has passed.