Join the 2021 Bible Challenge
Bishop Lewis has encouraged the clergy and laity of the Virginia Conference to read the Bible in a year since 2017. Each year has featured a different way of reading.
- 2017- read the Bible straight through
- 2018- read the Bible chronologically
- 2019- read the Bible in a blended style; a mixture of Old Testament readings and New Testament each day.
- 2020-read the Bible with a thematic reading plan
- 2021- read the Bible straight through from Genesis –Revelation
Reminder: the 2020 Bible Challenge will finish up on January 13, 2021. You can still access the 2020 readings at the conference website.
Tips on reading the Bible daily:
- Set aside a specific time and place each day. Set your schedule and then stick to it. Mornings are great, but feel free to use any time that works consistently with your schedule.
- Get a good study Bible to help to illuminate the meaning of the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek text.
- Choose a translation to use during your reading.
- Say a short prayer to God before you begin, asking the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom and understanding.
- Dive in and enjoy the richness of God’s Word! Apply God’s Word to your life. Bible study should be practical and applicable. These seven steps will help you begin a journey in becoming a “lifelong learner” of God’s Word.